Looking into getting a Training Manual? Thinking if its worth it? Read on.
April 24’s update gives us less and more. Less of some of the ones we expected, more of the ones we didn’t. Doesn’t mean its bad though!
Mouse Scrolling Lag / DC
… is now unavailable! This game loophole has been continuously abused in the past few days. Few players knew about it at first but as the disdain for cheaters grew, so did the spread of the news regarding this “mouse scroll abuse”.
Players referred to it as a “payback” to cheaters who are perceived to be using low-end computers and unable to handle the lag caused by repeatedly using the mouse’ scroll button and switching from one weapon to another.
It got so rampant that even in the World Arena, competitors have been reportedly using the abuse and causing lag to everyone within the abuser’s radius. Well, it ends today.
New Training Manual
Something new we didn’t expect from NetEase developers.
There’s three tabs in your Training Manual: Distinction, Training Missions and Training Supply
- Distinction tab shows you your level progress and rewards per training level. Rewards can be Training Medals or in-game items. General Distinction is available for everyone while Special Distinction can be achieved by purchasing subscription with Diamonds.
- The Training Manual gives you two missions a day. In the Training Missions tab, you can find your Training Level and points left until the next level. Move on to the next level by completing missions.
- Training Supply shows you the special gifts (looks, etc.) you can draw from spending Training Medals or Diamonds. Training medals are obtained from completing missions.
Missions don’t stack up though! Only three missions can be stacked in the Training Missions tab and you need to finish the missions in your window to be able to load more missions. Remember, no mission = no points so do your best to complete them daily.
Special Distinction: To buy or not to buy?
Well, if you play ROS only for 2x a week or only on the weekends, the training manual may not be too beneficial to you. What makes the training level go up is the continuous completion of missions given every day. Logging in two to three times a week won’t do your special subscription much justice.
However, if you play around 5 times a week, this should be a good buy for players who top-up regularly. Not only that you will be rewarded for daily missions that you most likely casually do everyday, the special gifts available for purchase are good too.
Bumper Pack And New Store Items
A once in a lifetime discount? Hmm.
Relative to other store item prices, yes, it is cheap.
Chicken Gets Its Own Special Kill Announcement!
Yup! Get a kill announcement like those AKMs and M4A1s by killing a player using the new Rainbow Hammer.
Now if only this could catch all the cheaters….
Full Patch Notes Here:
1. New Content
- Added a Bumper Pack. Each player is entitled to buy only once in the game. Hurry, huge rewards waiting for you!
- Training Manual feature added. Training manuals are linked to a particular season and is only valid during that season.
- 2 missions may be assigned to a player each day, with a maximum queue of 3 pending missions. Should the total number of pending missions equal 3, players will be unable to receive new tasks. Players earn training points used to level up upon completion of a mission. When a player levels up they will receive corresponding rewards in the Distinction tab. Players can also purchase special distinctions to get amazing rewards to help them level up.
- The training manual contains a claimable special pack that contains look shards for exclusive suits and stickers.
2. General Experience
- Characters now retract their weapons when close to walls (Not sure about this. I think it still does.)
- Optimized the actions and performance of characters when in third person view
- Optimized actions when switching firearms
- The Look page will now filter clothing based on the character’s current gender
- The ‘Ready’ status of all team members will be removed should a member of the team quit
- ‘Friend Rankings’ now displays all friends
- Optimized interface for server selection, Lobby, Settlement, shortcut to add friends, and top-ups;
4. Bug Fixes
- Issue where characters slide when picking up items has been fixed;