Is change coming? Rules of Survival Season 2 kicks off April 18
How is your Season 1? Did the second season inspire you to play more often? Or did the cheating problem get under your skin? Have you tried Blitzkrieg mode yet? How about your Friend List? Is it dying to get an upgrade too?
Now, we bid Season 1 good bye and a “good game, well played.” Nothing’s over though. Hello, Season 2!
New Race, New Goals
As we all know, the start of a new season also marks the start of a new race to stats and rankings. Everything in your Stats card will be reset – number of wins, most kills in a battle, most assists, farthest kill, etc.
Maximum Tier Rewards
First Person View Rolling In
If you have been playing shooter games, chances are, this won’t be your first rodeo. First Person View is being used in other shooter games such as CS:GO, PUBG, and more.
What’s the difference? Basically, in Third Person View, what you can see in the middle of your screen is your in-game character clutching your weapon in hand. You can crouch and peek with a slight view of your sides. Doing so can often allow you to scout past house walls and buildings even without having to step out.
In First Person View, what you can see is your weapon minus your character. Meaning, peeking from the inside will not be possible anymore and vision is slightly reduced.
Changes in your gameplay should be expected as the new First Person View will demand for new ways of sneaking and scouting. More so for shooting.
Check out this video from a First Person View game:
Wait for when the new season rolls out and we’ll post a video as soon as its up in the servers!
Cheating Is Still An Issue
Frustrating may be a nice way to put it. Every game seems to be a hit or miss when it comes to cheaters being present. Unfortunately, there are even moments when every succeeding game is laden with cheaters and hackers.
While we do appreciate NetEase’ efforts to prevent these third-party application users, they’re just too many and happening way too frequent for us players not to call it out.
What’s your next move, NetEase?
Full Patch Notes For Rules of Survival Season 2 April 18 Update
1. New Content
- First person view added. Players can freely change between first and third person views after downloading first person resources.
- Added country-based rankings.
- The World Arena game mode is finally here. Players from the same country can team up to battle and defeat opponents from other countries. Glory and honor to the homeland! (Available from Apr. 18; Season 1 begins April 23)
- Live broadcast function is now available. Players can watch live streams online, as well as exciting performances by teams competing at the World Arena.
2. General Experience
- The posture of the player’s character in the lobby has been modified.
- Ambient sound effects added.
- Item refresh mechanism on the Fearless Fiord map has been modified, slightly reducing the total amount of items dropped.
- Optimized several areas that are prone to freezing.
- The lobby has been optimized.
- Dimension of the lobby profile picture has been modified.
- Display showing the time remaining for time-limited items has been added to the looks interface.
4. Bug Fixes
- Resolved issue where an error involving time-limited items caused inability to login.
- Problem where the icon above a teammate’s head would not be displayed has been resolved.
- Resolved look errors for the Bunny Girl, Red Wukong and Echo Valley Champion hairstyle.