Its a waiting game for EBR lovers as we wait to see what the M14EBR increased recoil nerf brings to our gameplay.
Lowered Vehicle Damage
Have you been in sticky situations when avoiding a vehicle is nearly impossible? That quick second of hopelessness is annoying to be honest. Well, it shouldn’t be the case after today’s update. Other than lowered damage, “SUVs, pick-ups and armed jeeps cannot kill a player whose HP level is full without any nitrogen.”
M1887- Sea Spirit, and AR15- Sea Spirit
Water-Sprinkling Festival continues! The Sea Spirit Thompson and Sea Spirit AWM have delighted players with its water theme relating to the last update’s festival. Now, Rules of Survival has brought in new guns to the group as M1887- Sea Spirit, and AR15- Sea Spirit joins the gang.
M14EBR increased recoil
Quoting GameGeek’s ROS Gun Guide, “The M14EBR or the M14 Enhanced Battle Rifle was initially found only in supply crates but is now available for looting around the map. It has a slow rpm but goes with good accuracy, range and damage. Very little recoil!”
M14EBR has been highly favored by most players and more often than not, its the gun we sought out during looting. An easy to manage Assault Rifle, the gun comes in three modes for shooting: Single, Auto and Burst mode. If you have been using the gun, you’d know how useful M14EBR is for those long-ranged shootings using a 4x or 8x scope. The gun barely has a recoil.
However, in today’s update, the ROS dev team has stated in their patch notes that they will be increasing the gun’s recoil. Hopefully, it won’t be as shaky as the AKM or the AUG as the gun can only be enhanced with a Muzzle as its stabilizer.
Take a look at the M14EBR pre-update where there is very little recoil. (Single Mode)
What will the new update do to our favorite rifle?
ROS April 11 update’s full patch notes here:
1. New Content
- The Water Sprinkling Festival event continues. Complete missions to receive gold and Elite Supply Tickets
- Firearm skins inspired by the Water Sprinkling Festival, such as the M1887- Sea Spirit, and AR15- Sea Spirit are now available online
- Added a Journey system. Players can tap on the Journey tab in Stats to view details of their past games
2. General Experience
- Lowered the damage caused when an SUV, pick-up, armed jeep, tricycle or motorbike hits a person. Now SUVs, pick-ups and armed jeeps cannot kill a player whose HP level is full without any nitrogen
- Increased the recoil of M14EBR
- Operations for when items are discarded have been optimized. All items can be discarded with the drag and drop operation. Using the buttons selects 50% of the quantity by default
- Replaced the zip line model and optimized the character actions when zip lining
- Optimized the actions of characters. Fixed the issue of characters sliding when they picked up the items
- Added the ability to detect nearby vehicles when the character switches between standing, crouching, or prone positions
- Added sound effects for leaping over walls
- Adjusted the number of players in the Fearless Fiord group mode when the Prep Zone is enabled
- Improved anti-hack detection of PC clients
- Modified the actions of characters in the Lobby
- Function that allows players to enlarge the display of vehicles and firearms added
- Blur effect added to the background
4. Bug Fixes
- Fixed the issue where the countdown for certain time-limited events is incorrect