Pocket Gamer Conferences – A need in the video game industry?
Happening this January 22-23 of 2018, Pocket Gamer commences once again to bring us one of the most informative events in the community. Striking the main stems of independent developers and also huge business tycoons. This is the business and technical side of the gaming we all know and love. Furthermore, these kinds of events are what small-scale developers yearn in order to gain contacts.
Pocket Gamer Connects plan to tackle 2 angles in the upcoming forum. According to their site, the use of Micro and Macro strategies is key. On a Macro scale: “we’ll look at global game publishing strategies and opportunities with a focus on the most interesting markets and hottest topics”. Scrutinizing in what could even be the smallest details in the venture. On the other hand, the Micro Scale the event will focus on the game developing and how to manage a ‘relationship’ with your game and its properties.
Moving forward to a greater destination, the micro and macro scaling of the whole industry shall be discussed. Creativity, Class, and Formality. 3 words to describe the event that could have the next big thing. The event organizers believe that small scale developers have huge potential. However, they require knowledge, and a little inspiration.
What happens in the event proper?
Here’s the list of what to expect in the Pocket Gamer event in London 2018( Main Attractions only):
- Influencer Insite – Landscaping the developing industry within the community.
- Esports Academy – A chance to meet some of the players within the esports industry.
- Indie Strategies – Teaching young dev’s the correct strategic planning towards a goal.
- The Developer Toolkit – Live demonstration of applications that helps a developer.
- Indutrends – Trend setting, Finding new ways to see ‘buzz ideas’
- Workshop zone – Practical Advice from Big developers.
- Supestar Sessions – The biggest and brighters stars to discuss opinions and issues within the mobile games atmosphere.
That and many many more! Visit their site for full information and other details here: http://www.pgconnects.com/london/
In conclusion, events like ESGS and this one are important to the ecosystem. It helps developers and young minds to connect and solidify their dream. A big thumbs up for gamers who make these kinds of forums. Forward to a bigger and better community in Mobile gaming!